“I felt like the kid in candy shop at the festival.”
Good Day Folks,
Before I start with the actual post, I’d like to give a shout out to Wahab, a newly found community organization, that aims to reduce food wastage in Qatar by connecting the food industry with charitable organizations and the community. Their first project was the Qatar International Food Festival. Being a foodie, wastage of food always bothers me, especially at huge gatherings like these where wastage of food is common. Their mission is to save food, end hunger and save the planet by placing the lost value back onto food as humankind’s most valuable energy resource. To support them check out their Instagram.
It was my first time going for a food festival. It felt like I was in a wonderland. I felt like the kid in candy shop at the festival. I went with my family and cousins. Having company at a big place filled with people is everything.
I’m not gonna write a long paragraph about my experience at the festival. Instead I’ll share the pictures I captured. Because ” A Picture is worth more than thousand words”.
Here are some tips I would like to share based on my experience. There will be a lot of tips out there, but I’m only sharing 5 of them.
- Wear comfortable shoes: You are going to have to walk a lot, wearing heels is going to make you uncomfortable. Or at least carry one with you in hand.
- Cash is necessary: Cash in hand is necessary, some stalls may accept cards, but many won’t.
- Make sure to carry a bottle of water: All that walking is going to make you thirsty and you won’t have to spend money on overpriced water.
- Carry backpacks: Backpacks are way better than handbags at these events.
- And enjoy: Try everything and anything possible. Don’t just eat the chipstix and the pancakes. There are a lot of other cuisines and dishes out there. At the end of the day, all you need are happy memories and good photos.
Have you attended a food festival before? Do you have any tips to add?
Leave your thoughts and comment below.
Hope you enjoyed this post, until next time see you soon.
Disclaimer*: This post was not sponsored. All opinions expressed and the choice to review is my own!